Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface Tool - New Gallery Error

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Hey Everyone, my team just had 21.4.2 downloaded for Gallery and Designer. Before the upgrade there were no issues.

I have an interface set up as so:

DylanDowrick_0-1650049745958.png

But if I were to select a different radio selection and run I get this new error:

DylanDowrick_1-1650049827562.png

It is erroring for no other reason than that there was not a date selected in the first radio button (the other selections are basically empty for this configuration). If I go in, select a date in the first radio selection, then I can run any other option. I shouldn't have to do that!

It feels like someone was trying to help me to be precautious by building in an error message tool, but it should be shut down if I have the 'Collapse Group When Deselected' checked. Am I crazy? Other than a Text Box (which I'm trying to avoid) what can I do???

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

oh... re-reading this. interesting. I'll play with it.

can you include a screen grab of the config of your interface designer top "Questions" tab?

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Here is my workflow stripped of anything important, the interface regarding the radio buttons is the same, stripped what I needed to remove other kinds of errors. Hopefully you can help! It runs okay (as far as I can tell) in Designer but Gallery it struggled.

DylanDowrick_0-1650057639470.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @DylanDowrick 

In cleaning your workflow, you've also removed the tool(ToolId:29) that caused the error.   Can you provide the original workflow where the error occurred, "date interface tester.yxwz" 

Thanks

Dan

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DylanDowrick I agree that there was a change and it's now producing an alteryx error. Your sample workflow runs fine in gallery v 2021.2.1.35394, but I'm getting the same error as you in gallery v 2021.4.2.02731.

patrick_digan_0-1650282149187.png

DylanDowrick
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, @apathetichell , @danilang for taking the time to think about this. And thank you @patrick_digan for cross-referencing against servers, it verifies that I am not 100% crazy.

In order to have my workflows run and (crossing fingers) ensure that the input is still a date:
I am using a Text Box tool with an Error Message tool attached. Configuration below. If the user does not give the correct date format then it will error out.

DylanDowrick_0-1650288078099.png

!REGEX_Match([#1], '\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}') or isnull(todate([#1]))

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DylanDowrick I emailed support and they replied that this issue has been identified as TCPE-240 and will be fixed in the next minor release for server.  

dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

Assuming you have blocking set up where that date won't go anywhere if it has an input, a temporary workaround in gallery would be to have your user select any date within radio buttons that have it and then pick their final selection prior to running.

Labels