Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface tool-dates

Ayaanarjun-5885
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have a column with dates and corresponding to values to the dates. Now I want only specific dates to select while running the workflow in server in the form of From Date to To date using interface. I should be able to select the whatever the dates I want in Output. How can I do that using Interface date tools

4 REPLIES 4
Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Dear @Ayaanarjun-5885 

It it not possible using date Normal date tool as it comes with all dates.

To archieve result for your case is you can use drop down box for Start and End date and then provide this start and end date with Drop down input itself before running the app. so once app start it only shows date which is available in list. 

Note : you need to handle Start and End date manually as if condition goes wrong you won't get any data. 

Example : If start date > end date then data won't display

I have attached the workflow for reference.

Thanks

Enjoy solving!

Ayaanarjun-5885
8 - Asteroid

Hello...

Thank you so much for the logic. It helped.  

Ayaanarjun-5885
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Amit_G_Limbasia  , I have tried using it.. I'm able to see only questions as "Start Date and End Dates" but I'm unable to get Dates in dropdowns. Could you please help me out.

Amit_G_Limbasia
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Ayaanarjun-5885,

Sorry for Delay in revert back. In drop down configuration You have to select External Source and use file or connection where you have all data For test case I have used CSV File.

Drop Down Configuration :

Capture.JPG

CSV / Data Format It must contain Name And Value

Capture2.JPG

Labels