Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I found a Bug!

Feastie
6 - Meteoroid

Sounds like this is very common, although I felt a little privileged to have done so!

It was whilst running through a Weekly Challenge and it was due to an attempt to divide a String by a number.

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Feastie 

I think that there is something different going on in your situation.  Mixing field types normally gives you a message like this

fieldMismatch.png

Can you share more details, like the formula config and a sample workflow.   These might be able to help us track down the issue, but I have a feeling that you'll need to reach out to Mission Control  for this one.

Dan

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Feastie 
this is something new as till now we receive a error message for different data types.
can you please share the zipped workflow to diagnose.

Feastie
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang ,

I have tried recreating the error but it no longer appears.

It was a very simple one, so I'm not worried about hitting the exact same flow.

I have tried various Data Types (even though it happened using the default V_WString) but it seems to be fine with them all.

I'm stumped? Unless somebody from Mission Control acted upon it already?

Phil.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels