Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Preventing me from Opening Alteryx

denvic29
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

This morning Alteryx was working fine for me and several hours later I needed to go and run another workflow and now I get the attached error every time I launch Alteryx, no matter if it's a blank workflow or an existing built one. The whole canvas appears white even if I click past the error. Has this happened to anyone? I've tried downloading a new version of designer and restarting my computer several times and I've had no luck so far.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

see if you can find the error logs - but random question. are you running this on a PC or in a VM?

denvic29
7 - Meteor

PC on local drive. I'm trying to find error logs. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @denvic29 

Restart the system. If it doesn't work you would need to completely uninstall and reinstall Alteryx.

Hope this helps : )

denvic29
7 - Meteor

I've restarted my computer several times and no luck. I also tried to uninstall and got this error: 

denvic29_0-1643727093216.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @denvic29 

Drop a mail to support@alteryx.com

Hope this helps : )

denvic29
7 - Meteor

I put a ticket with support in and put high priority and haven't heard back yet. Was hoping someone here might have seen something similar!

denvic29
7 - Meteor

Internal IT did an uninstall and reinstall for me and no luck...

jasontax
6 - Meteoroid

I have also been encountering this issue when opening a workflow from file explorer.  The workflow opens but the canvas is blank.  If I open the workflow directly from Alteryx, then I can see the workflow and everything is fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version.  Attached is the error I get.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @denvic29  @jasontax 

I would recommend doing a complete uninstall of Designer - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Complete-Uninstall-of-Alteryx-Desig...

Make sure you are installing the proper Designer version (Admin or Non-Admin) based on the permissions you have.

Hope this helps! Please like the post if it does. 

Labels