Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cant Access Support to Open a Ticket

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Help Alteryx!

I can't access Support to open or view a ticket. 

The link just takes me to Mission Control to edit my profile. 

I can see old Support tickets in Notifications, but the links are all 404.

Yes, I have active licenses.

Yes, I can access the license portal. 

Yes, I can access the Community all with my single login (I am posting this).

I can't access Support to open a ticket.  I don't even see where I can do this. Even the link to Support that my Sales POC provided : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage takes me Mission Control Preference Center.

Mission Control does not even show me assigned to a sales POC, fortunately I have their contact info (and have spoken to them today).

31 REPLIES 31
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Thanks.

Yeah, Support reached out late yesterday.

Looks like a call on Friday -- 1 week after case was created.

Still can't see case.  Don't know if Support has the right issue or even knows the issue.

Told everyone from start that need solution before next week -- given client event driven project/needs.

Lack of visibility has been frustrating

I was even told: "you are likely unable to access the support portal with the "legacy" email because that email does not have a community account (i.e., this Community account) -- even after I provided my active license keys (accessed with the email in question from the portal).

In the end, I just want to change an email and ensure no license issues (if we have to change account) that could impact my ability to generate client deliverables next week.  I've already lost this week to migrate Alteryx back to my primary workstation to support prep work.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Support did reach out yesterday.

I sent back a few questions to clarify / confirm issue to be worked/resolved along with asking if we could move up the call.

They have not yet had a chance to respond.

Again, I just want to change the email to my account so I can get 2FA in a timely fashion + open/view/respond to trouble tickets.

I am going to make a YubiKey feature request for 2FA, but then again I would not have discovered inability to open/view support cases.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

The issue is still not resolved. 

• Case opened by Fulfillment on 3/1 and transferred to Support (also on 3/1).
    • See above
  • Great call with Support on 3/8. 
    • They understood the issue -- and had a plan!!!
    • Restored my ability to access Support via Mission Control (it was a missing Sales Force entry) -- it was real! 
    • Told me what needed to happen to change the email associated with my account/licenses/portals/community etc.
    • But, Support can not proceed with the proposed solution until Community Support does X, Y, and Z
  • Emailed Community Support on 3/8 with request (as instructed by Support)
    • In case there were any questions, the email included references to my Support case # and point of contact
    • Support requested I ask Community Support to expedite the request
  • Support followed up with me on Monday 3/11 and Thursday (3/13 in AM), but I had yet to receive a response from Community Support
    • The follow ups by Support are a positive note and much appreciated, my Sales Rep has also been responsive (another positive)
  • Late today (3/13) Community Support responded
    • No action was taken 
    • They do not understand the request 
    • To avoid confusing the issue further, I told them to contact Support and reference the Support case #

This vexes me. 

It should not be this difficult to change an email. 

Given this is my busiest week of the year, at least there have been no interruptions of service (license switches on/off) 

@danilang 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

My inability to see the links to Case Management and Account Team were real.

The problem was due to a missing Sales Force entry. 

It took Support less than a minute to fix and my links/access/visibility were restored.

Now if we can just get the primary issue - email change resolved.

A YubiKey 2FA method would help avoid issues with unreliable/slow 2FA email codes.  They are also more secure -- and nerdy.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Day 13

Spoke to Support again this morning (3/14)

Challenge seems to be getting Alteryx to talk to Alteryx.

Not responding to internal pings from Support.

Support suggested I send another email request to Community Support.

Stating exactly what I said last time.  Transfer everything from new to old email address.  

Curious if missing Sales Force entry (account team) had anything to do with internal communication challenges.

Kudos to my Support POC.  They have a plan.  They are checking up. And, they are trying to find a way to navigate this.

Putting Sales POC and Support POC in contact hopefully helps move things along.

At its root, this is about changing the email associated with an account and licenses.

Now I understand why prior attempts to get this done fizzled. 

If it were not for my hardware troubles prompting a machine switc1h, the subsequent 2FA troubles and lack of Support access/visibility, I might not have stuck this one out.

@BrandonB @danilang 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Day 18

Second email sent to Community Support on 3/14 as directed by Support. 

Still no progress.

anilahir490
5 - Atom

HI,

As per my knowledge, you are not using a proper ticket view format. Despite having active licenses and access to other resources  like the Community and Alteryx tutorial , you're redirected to Mission Control or encounter 404 errors when trying to access Support links.

You can this method to resolve this, you should directly contact your Alteryx Sales Point of Contact (POC) for assistance. They should be able to help you open a ticket or direct you to the appropriate support channel. Since you've already spoken to your Sales POC today, reaching out to them again is the best course of action.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks
Anir
Data Engineer
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@anilahir490 

My inability to access Support via Mission Control was due to an issue on the Alteryx side.  I did not have an Account Team assigned to me in Sales Force.  This explains why my Mission Control also lacked Account Team links.  Somewhere along the way My Account team entries got corrupted (as I never had this problem until recently).  Support assigned / re-mapped my Account Team in Sales Force and my permissions to access Support were restored. 

So, my ability to open, view, and communicate with Support has been restored.

But, this was a secondary issue discovered when trying to open a ticket on the primary issue.

The primary issue has yeet to be resolved.  I am working with Support and my Sales POC.  

The fix requires cross function/team coordination between Support, Community Support, Sales, et al.

It has been 19 days. 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Still not resolved.

There has been some movement.

Community Support says all I need to do is X. 

If so, why did it take 19 days to tell me that.

BUT, this is where it gets scary.

It is not clear if the step I am being asked to take (because it is is so/too simple) facilitates or complicates what Support is trying to do (w/o loosing all current assets).

So, questions to clarify sent back to Community Support to make sure this will work.

I don't understand why we can't just get Support and Community Support on the same call or talk.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Day 21.

Mind BLOWN.

So created new community email per Support and Community Support instructions received in the last two days.

Community Support will transfer all assets of this account / username to the new email.   Fingers crossed.

Support will then transfer licenses to new email.  OR so that's what I was told....but Support just confirmed Fulfillment had the power to do it all along.

Support will tell Fulfillment to transfer my licenses to the new account.

I opened the ticket with Fulfillment 21 days ago - they punted it to Support.

It took 19 days to find out I need to create a new email so Fulfillment can transfer the licenses to it.

It took 21 days to find out Fulfillment could have fixed this 21 days ago. 

Hopefully this is all resolved in the next day or two.  Fingers crossed.

Labels