Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula question

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

I have a Date column called Min_FISCAL_DAY which contains the first day of the current Fiscal Month. I used the Union tool to join the Min_FISCAL_DAY column to another data set. After the join, all rows except the last row in the set are NULL. The last row contains the value for the Min_FISCAL_DAY, in  yyyy-mm-dd format. I am trying to populate all rows in the Min_FISCAL_DAY column with this same value that is in the last row. I have tried many different configurations and formulas in the Multi-row tool, without success. I want to do this so I can compare Min_FISCAL_DAY to CLOSEDATE and filter records where COSEDATE >= Min_FISCAL_DAY. See attached screen shot. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Union just stacks the data from one flow onto another. If you want to "join" I think you want to use the Append tool. 

bradtukey
7 - Meteor

thank you!

Labels