Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Building data source for data quality dashboard

r-alrahmani
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have been working on an Alteryx workflow to build a data source that will feed into a new data quality dashboard on Tableau.
There are around 45 business rules, which I have set up individually using the same data extract multiple times, each rule in different filters containing the formulae, adding new columns:

• Check: checking if condition is true, 0 or 1
  • Field Name: will give the name of the column that is being checked 

These rules are not only checking for nulls but also for a list of valid values based on conditions in other fields. Don't think this is the best way to do it, so please let me know if you have a better way. Currently using the Union tool after each rule, which is another issue as this is replicating the rows being checked.

I am stuck and need advice on how I could improve this workflow in a way that enables an efficient monthly refresh, hoping for a way to do this by replacing the input file once instead of having to replace it for each rule. Not sure if the Multi-Row Formula tool would help in this case, or a macro? Open to suggestions.

I have attached a few of the rules, a sample of the data extract used as input, and a sample workflow. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels