General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Is there an issues log for Alteryx?

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Hi,

I have an issue that I want to report. Is there an issues log where I can:

See if it has already been reported?

If it has been reported what the status is e.g. fixed in version X

Raise a new issue - which would presumably need to be validated by Alteryx staff.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Paul_Holden 

You can drop a mail to support@alteryx.com to get in contact with Alteryx support team.

Hope this helps : )

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

Thanks, I did know that I could do that.

The thing is that I'm pretty sure it's an issue, it will need a code fix / may already have been fixed, and it seems like it would be much easier all around if there was an open log I could check and suggest an addition to. As opposed to telling support about something that may have been reported 10 times already and/or be fixed in the next version.

I keep hoping that obfuscated issue management will stop being a thing in the software world but some still appear to be too worried about admitting that their code isn't perfect - even though no-one's is 😞

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Paul_Holden 

You can suggest/check your ideas to be implemented on ideas board.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ayx-ideas

You can check alteryx version release notes to see its already been fixed.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Paul_Holden 

I don't know that there's a full log of issues, but the release notes do list known bugs as well as bugs that were fixed in the release. 

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes

Paul_Holden
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 

>>You can suggest/check your ideas to be implemented on ideas board.

I could but it seems a bit off to populate the ideas board with posts like "it would be a good idea to fix the Schedules page in the Gallery so that it sorts correctly"

I'll do that if that is what is expected. For the moment I'll log the issue by email with support.

Thanks for the pointer to the release notes, I was aware of them, it still seems sub-optimal to have to open the release page for a number of versions in order to check on the status of a bug that may not have been reported yet.

Labels