Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Format Alteryx Logs

laura_z
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

our company is currently in efforts to standardize all logs from all our code. We are getting logs from Alteryx in this format:

2023-11-30 18:30:07,685 INFO [Timer-Driven Process Thread-1] c.p.l.p.r.ProvenanceEventReportingProcessor -   ProvenanceEventReportingProcessor[id=...] ********* adding to event data :: {"id":"...","data":"...","data":"...","data":...,"data":"..."}  *************

Which is partly correct, but ideally what we need is pure JSON format (no anything before or after the json data):

{"id":"...","data":"...","data":"...","data":...,"data":"..."}

These logs are from alteryx-macros and alteryx-service. If I understand this correctly, these logs are created by Alteryx itself, and they do not come from our workflows and macros written in Alteryx - I do not see anything related to this in our workflows.

Is it possible to change and format these logs to suit the description?

1 REPLY 1
TimN
13 - Pulsar

I think the log files output by Alteryx can't be changed the way you want.  You can augment the output log with customized messages from each workflow or app but I'm not sure that fits.  You could look into what data is available in MongoDb and how it's formatted if that helps.  Also, depending on what you're trying to do, there is a api - GET /admin/v1/workflows/jobs/ that can return log messaging that formatted as shown in the attached picture.