General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx vs Xceptor

ikuldeep
5 - Atom

Hey Guys, I have been ask to prepare a comparison report on Alteryx vs Xceptor  and in what cases we should use them, so if anyone has done any analysis or worked on these tools then  please let know your views.

3 REPLIES 3
Taj_First_Mile
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

was there a specific product/solution of Alteryx you would like to compare to Xceptor? What are your industries goals and expectations? 

Thanks

ikuldeep
5 - Atom

Hello Taj, 

Thank you for your response. I am not looking usecase based comparison.

If we can compare both tools on their features, capabilities & Cost.

Thanks

Taj_First_Mile
6 - Meteoroid

Well in terms of features, just based on my initial research on Xceptor and my knowledge of Alteryx products such as Server and Connect, I can say without a doubt that Alteryx has far more features, functionality, and also adaptability/scalability. The adaptability aspect is the most important in my opinion because you can custom create meta-data loaders for Alteryx Connect/Server and quite literally consume any type of data from any source. Xceptor claims to be able to do the same thing but they dont elaborate on how they go about that.  

Alteryx Connect is a key component of the end-to-end Alteryx platform, it is the first step in the analytical process to EASILY discover data, and then push it to Alteryx Designer for further analysis. Connect reduces data asset proliferation. It minimizes the duplication of effort and data assets, which reduces multiple versions of the truth. Connect is a central hub to find, share, and collaborate on traditional and emerging data sources, both government and ad-hoc. I don't believe you will find another platform, including Xceptor, that has such a robust social/collaborative aspect to it. The social features make it super easy to enrich, improve, and share data assets being utilized in an organization. There is a complete view of data (lineage etc.) within Connect. There is a significant increase in analytic productivity when using Connect just through its easy to use search and advanced search capabilities. 

Just through Alteryx Connect itself the key features included are:

Asset Catalog: Gather all your information in one place by collecting metadata from your information systems

Business Glossary: Define your standard business terms in a data dictionary and link them to assets in the catalog (super important!)

Data Discovery: Discover the information you need to drive better business outcomes through powerful search capabilities 

Enrichment & Collaboration: Annotate, discuss, and even rate information to provide business context and enable your organization with relevant data

Certification & Trust: Understand the trust worthiness of information assets through certification, lineage, and versioning. 

Alteryx Connect can mine information from Alteryx workflows about how data is being used, transformed, and ultimately consumed, to establish a semantic layer - the relationship between business and technical artifacts.

Hope this gives you some more info on one of Alteryx's key products, Connect. If you require any more info, feel free to email me. Would be curious to see what industry your coming from and or if there are any specific business requirements you are looking to fulfill! taj.chaitan@thefirstmile.io 

www.thefirstmile.io 

Labels