community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev Space

Customize & extend the power of Alteryx. SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more!
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More
SOLVED

JIRA Connector

Atom

Does this connector require the latest version of Alteryx? I am running version 2018.2.5.48994.

Meteoroid

My organization has been using this macro for about a year.  Great job with it!

Recently, JIRA has changed their API to no longer accept user name.  Instead, they accept account number.  Replacing my username with account number doesn't work with this macro.  Is there any way to revive the macro now that the API has changed?

Thanks!

YEM

Alteryx Partner

I'm using the macro with an email address and the Jira token (instead of the password).

The only disadvantage with this approach is that you can't filter the issues based on the user name so basically you get all the issues for the project.

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

A fantastic idea which is really useful for companies

Bolide

All - Just as an FYI, I no longer have the time to work on further development and/or bug fixes for this project.  I would encourage anyone and everyone to feel free to pick this up and submit new & improved version in the Gallery.  Thanks for all of the great feedback!

Taylor

Meteor
Yes your last option is what I would also be looking for in a JIRA connector solution since I need to pull more than 23,000 issues currently which are growing daily. Oh.... and that is just one type of issue. Other types have issue data sets in the 9,000 range. Question: 1 I am new to the Alteryx community, is the source code for these community based connectors made available also? The reason I am asking, is that anything which is open source, has to be reviewed by our InfoSec team and get their approval prior to it being used within our network. Question: 2 So I am assuming you handle the SSL authentication also with your JIRA Connector. Is my assumption correct? I am asking because my attempts at using the JIRA Rest API using the Alteryx Download tool failed due to its inability to handle SSL URL requests.