Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #3: Ranking Duplicate Data

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Academy_Quests_Banner_1050 x 300 (1050 x 200 px) (1).png

Hi Maveryx,

Thanks for submitting your solutions for Cloud Quest #2! In the video solution we posted, Alteryx Chief Evangelist Josh Burkhow will guide you through the workflow.

Now, for this week’s quest, let's delve into the task of ranking records when there can be multiple records with the same rank.

Using the provided dataset that contains two columns [Name] and [Count], your goal is to identify the top five rankings based on the count. However, as there might be several rows with identical counts (similar to a round of golf), multiple individuals can occupy the same position (Rank) if they share the same score.

Your final result should look like the following image:

Output.png

Hint: Identify the top five positions (ranks 1 through 5) based on the Count column before proceeding with your analysis.

Spoiler

A combination of Join, Summarize, Sample, Row ID, and Sort tools should solve your problem, not necessarily in this sequence.

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Here’s to a successful quest!

We want to hear from you!

As we introduce our Cloud Quests for the first time, we value your input. Share your thoughts on the clarity of instructions, the provided dataset, the expected output, and any suggestions to enhance your experience.

Thank you!

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

43 REPLIES 43
DaanVerkerk
6 - Meteoroid

Had to solve this differently than I might have on Desktop, this is exactly the reason why doing cloud challenges is so good!

Spoiler
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-11 om 08.56.02.png
andrewgu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-04-12 114439.jpg

Solved during the Australian Cloud Weekly Challenge Hour by myself, @leofrancia , Jimmy and Charlie!

nadasky
7 - Meteor

My solution.

Spoiler
My solution.png

Diederik_vanderharst
8 - Asteroid

Now with flow