Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow runs without error on server but data is not written in data lake

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, 

I am a new Alteryx user and I have been having issue in writing the output to data lake using stream out tools. The driver I am using is databricks bulk loader (AVRO). The table gets created but the data is not written in the table. I get no error while executing the workflow. Below is the snapshot of same

Neha_0-1661497095353.png

Additionally, the workflow runs fine on my desktop but the issue arises only when I run it on the sever. The file connection for both is same and the server can access the file connection. When i try to access the table created, I get following error (Alteryx and Databricks)- 

Error: Browse In-DB (6): Error SQLExecute: [Simba][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException: Error running query: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Job aborted due to stage failure: Task 0 in stage 45102.0 failed 4 times, most recent failure: Lost task 0.3 in stage 45102.0 (TID 38664) (10.99.106.135 executor 10): org.apache.avro.AvroTypeException: Found Alteryx, expecting org.apache.hadoop.hive.CannotDetermineSchemaSentinel, missing required field literal         at org.apache.avro.io.ResolvingDecoder.doAction(ResolvingDecoder.java:308)          at org.apache.avro.io.parsing.Parser.advance(Parser.java:86)   at org.apache.avro.io.ResolvingDecoder.readFieldOrder(ResolvingDecoder.java:127)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.readRecord(GenericDatumReader.java:239)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.readWithoutConversion(GenericDatumReader.java:179)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.read(GenericDatumReader.java:160)          at org.apache.avro.generic.GenericDatumReader.read(G

Neha_1-1661497336111.png

Thanks

Neha

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Neha ,  please see the threads below that may help you with your issue. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Configure-a-Databricks-Conne...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Databricks-connection-fails/td-p/51833... 

If this helps resolve your issue, please mark this response as the solution so that others in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the reply. 

It turned out to be an issue with one of the drivers on the server. Sorry for the delayed reply, I didnt log into my alteryx acc since last few months.

Thanks

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Neha , glad that you resolved the issue!  What driver did you download that ended up being the solution?