Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Outlook 365 Tool - Runs fine on server machine, breaks once uploaded to private gallery

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi all, 
It's been a long day trying to set up Azure app registrations etc. I am hoping someone will be able to help me on this one.

I have been trying to get the new outlook tools working on an Alteryx Private Gallery in order to download the files from a given inbox. I have successfully downloaded the tool:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Outlook-365-Tool/ta-p/898140

And followed the help instructions perfectly:
https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/microsoft-outlook-365

I have also ensured that i am using Service Principal, and a client ID/Secret and Tenant ID for authentication.

TheOC_0-1650648158411.png

The tool actually works fantastically well on Designer on the Server machine. It is setup to download the PDF files and output them to a location. However, when i upload the working workflow to the gallery, it validates fine, but i receive the following:

TheOC_1-1650648359891.png

This is the same for all 3 configurations - sign in through browser (which, i expected to fail), and whether i have the service principle selected/entered or not. I have also tried using the desktop scheduler to schedule the workflow, and that provides the same:

TheOC_2-1650648531938.png

Has anyone faced a similar issue? 

Thanks,
TheOC

Bulien
6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @TheOC ,

I had the same problem with the sharepoint input tool and I was able to solve it with the following guidelines:

Instructions from Alteryx Support:

The SharePoint Files connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the Salesforce tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @fmvizcaino 

Thanks for getting back to me!

Sadly this has no worked, I have added that key to my registry on the server machine, and created the workflow from that machine also. 
I still receive the following sadly:

TheOC_0-1652115272087.png

Do you happen to have any additional ideas on the above?
Thanks,
Owen

Bulien
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @TheOC ,

The registry needs to be updated for the user responsible for running the workflow, so it could be the user running the alteryx service, the one configured in the run as option or the user credential configured for this workflow.

I suggest you to do the following test.

1. Configure the gallery to allow users to select the credential. Admin > Configuration > Workflow Settings > Workflow Credential Setting

2. Publish the workflow to the gallery and include your personal credential there. Save Workflow > Workflow Options > Set Workflow Credentials

3. Run the workflow

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

rmartin
5 - Atom

Hey @fmvizcaino, 

The issue with the above is it requires my credentials which is what I am also trying to avoid by using the App token. I don't want to change the run as I just need the object in Alteryx to keep the app token and login without my credentials. Which is the way I would expect it to function. 

Any other thoughts? 

Drvt6713
8 - Asteroid

Hi @rmartin ,

Did you have any success in resolving this issue?

I have a similar issue with Authentication on the Outlook 365 connector, however, mine is failing on the Designer.

I am able to connect in all other ways, and when I look at the OL account sign-ins on the account, it shows the connection attempt as successful, but it gives me an error in Altx.

Interested in hearing how you proceeded.

Thanks.

rmartin
5 - Atom

Unfortunately, no I abandoned using the tool and moved to using REST/JSON via the download tool as it proved to unreliable.

Also, as a note I believe the tool uses the legacy Azure AD graph API which Microsoft is removing so that may also be the cause.