Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to download a zip file using the workflow on server?

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

I have an analytic app that outputs around 50 individual files and finally zips them together using the run command and saves the zip folder in the Alteryx %temp% directory. At the end of the workflow I have the location of where the zip folder is saved. What can be done to such a workflow to make that zip folder available to download when the workflow is run on Alteryx Gallery/Server? Right now, the individual files are available for downloading, but I want to let the user download the zip folder - since there will be around 50 individual files and I don't want them to have to download each separately. Any suggestions are appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @avanibhatnagar you could probably have a Blob Input tool and then just have that input the .zip and use a Blob output tool to output it for download. Have you tried this method? I know this worked for inputting and outputting a pptx file in Gallery but not sure if it would work as a zip.

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@PeterA1 Thanks for responding! I was able to figure this out using Blob Input and Output tools. Thank you!!