Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

How to download a zip file using the workflow on server?

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

I have an analytic app that outputs around 50 individual files and finally zips them together using the run command and saves the zip folder in the Alteryx %temp% directory. At the end of the workflow I have the location of where the zip folder is saved. What can be done to such a workflow to make that zip folder available to download when the workflow is run on Alteryx Gallery/Server? Right now, the individual files are available for downloading, but I want to let the user download the zip folder - since there will be around 50 individual files and I don't want them to have to download each separately. Any suggestions are appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @avanibhatnagar you could probably have a Blob Input tool and then just have that input the .zip and use a Blob output tool to output it for download. Have you tried this method? I know this worked for inputting and outputting a pptx file in Gallery but not sure if it would work as a zip.

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@PeterA1 Thanks for responding! I was able to figure this out using Blob Input and Output tools. Thank you!!