Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Gallery App Output Not Writing Burst Files to UNC, Prompting for File Type / Download

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

I have an Output tool configured to burst multiple, separate Excel files (not tabs) to a UNC folder (\\<server>\share\<path>\<burst file>.xlsx|||<tab name>). The workflow runs successfully in Designer and writes the output files directly to the UNC location. The Output tool configuration is based on this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Output-to-separate-Excel-files/ta-p...

When I create an App, save to Gallery and run, I get a screen with a list of the files with an option to select the file type for each and download. I want the output to write the files directly to the specified UNC location with no output or action required by the user in Gallery.

Gallery Output:

Gallery Output.jpg

Designer Workflow:

Takes data from a single Excel file and writes to multiple, separate Excel files.

Designer Workflow.jpg

Gallery App:

Interface added to allow for Input file selection.

Requirement: configure Output tool, workflow dependencies so the Gallery app writes the files to the UNC location with no action required by the user.

Gallery App.jpg

Based on this thread

Solved: Re: Alteryx overwrite yxdb not working in Gallery - Alteryx Community

I took the following actions, but the behavior did not change.

1. Replaced %temp% with a full, default UNC folder in Write to File or Database 

2. In Designer workflow dependencies, selected Edit for the Output tool and set to 'Relative'

3. Saved workflow to Gallery, and re-ran.

Output Config.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

@jrgo FYI, I found this thread from Nov-2020 describing the issue and the subsequent fix request. I don't see any response from Alteryx. Looks like, I'll have to hard-code the UNC path. I'll mark your last response as the solution as it looks like the only viable workaround.

Solved: File Browse Interface Tool doesn't provide true fi... - Alteryx Community

Fix Request.

File Browse for Chained Apps in the Gallery Should... - Alteryx Community