Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Run workflow on Event: System could not find the environment option that was entered

Mac-Sawyer
6 - Meteoroid

Use case: When a workflow encounters an error, instead of sending just an email, execute a workflow. Pass it the error workflow name, have it grab job details from API, pull in config for the error if workflow to notify the right people, etc.

It’s all working fine with one exception. When I run a workflow and generate an error, I get an error trying to execute the error event workflow. The message that returns is “…AlteryxEngineCmd.exe” returned an error code: 2. The system could not find the environment option that was entered. (203).

Locally in designer, it works to the point of getting the API not licensed message which is expected. If I login to the server and in a command prompt copy and paste what I’m suing in the event dialog, it works perfectly. Only when I execute a workflow that calls it on the even from Gallery does it fail in this way.

I’ve seen a mention of making sure the alteryx\bin folder is in the path, but I’m not sure how that matters if opening up a command prompt and executing the exact same command works.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

This could be due to the RunAs user. Does this user have the right environment variable and/or permission?

Could you log onto the server as that user and try it?