Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

CReW Macros - List Runner returns error "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe"

kiruthega
5 - Atom

We are using list runner in the workflow, it runs successfully in local machine but throwing the below error when scheduled in server.

Error: Designer x64: Tool #247: Tool #3: Iteration #1: Tool #5: Record #1: Tool #2: Tool #2: The external program "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe" returned an error code: -1
Error: Designer x64: Tool #247: Tool #3: The output connection "Logs" was not valid

we use 64bit machine (designer and in server)

2 REPLIES 2
jensroy
9 - Comet

Hello,

I am also running the "List Runner" on a schedule.

What I did was:

1. I put all the workflows in a folder on the Gallery.

2. I had the list runner installed on the Gallery.

3. I tested that the list runner could be run from the Alteryx Client on the Alteryx Server.

4. I scheduled the list runner from within the Server (remote desktop).

Remeber that any custom macro on a client must be installed on the same location on the server.

I strongly recommend that you always install macros in the Alteryx Macro folder:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Macros

The list runner is installed with and YXI (Alteryx installer) file, and those always go under the %AppData% folder somewhere, and you should leave them there. But that means that if you share a workflow using a macro from an YXI installer file, then those users must also run the installers. Exporting the workflow as an yxzp is not enough.

Hope this help :)

psyrio
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have the same problem, in the ALTERYX Schedule of my Designer it's work perfectly but when I launch by my Designer I have the same error despite the workflows have been ending correctly.

Can you explain me please what I need to do please ?

Regards,

Psyrio