Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLUCIONADO

Alteryx Zip Output Files on Gallery

avanibhatnagar
Asteroide

I have an Alteryx Analytic App which outputs 50 excel files which can be downloaded on server one by one. I want to change it so that just a zip file containing those 50 files can be downloaded on server/gallery. I have seen multiple threads about it, but haven't been able to find a solution.

I have been able to zip the files when running Alteryx Designer locally using Events > After Run Without Errors and calling a powershell script which compresses the files in a location and output a zip folder.

1. But when I publish this to gallery it gives me this error: The external program "powershell.exe" returned an error code: -196608: The system cannot find the file specified. believe Alteryx server can't find the powershell script because when i publish the workflow i'm unable to attach it using the "Manage workflow assets". How do I make sure it is being published as well?

2. Locally I explicitly tell the script where to find the excel files - how would I have to change the powershell script to work on Server/Gallery?

Current Powershell script:

Compress-Archive -LiteralPath 'D:\...\Staging\...\_externals\1\' -DestinationPath 'D:\...\_externals\final.zip' -Force

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

10 RESPOSTAS 10
jrgo
Magnetar

Awesome and glad to hear it!!

Now to figure out what the heck is up with my servers permissions... 🙂