Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

many Rows per user to 1 row per user

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all

am after some help, i have a very large dataset where there may be many rows per user, column A and Column B will remain unchanged across that user information (many rows).

I need to put all the information in the rows into 1 row per user so A, B and then C, D for all the rows that exist for that user (column A).

Hope this makes sense. Please see example data input attached.

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ValR82 Are you looking something like below?

binuacs_0-1657538196437.png

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ValR82 

You can group data by column A and Column B, and all other columns concatenate. 

vlad_kutateladze_1-1657538324383.png

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you both for such prompt replies, i have got this far, my issue is that i need each answer to be in a separate cell in the output but some users will have 4 cars and 3 houses and some only 1 car and no house.

I need each response to be in its own cell and need to be able to rename the cells so that they don't just say vehicle, vehicle  1, vehicle 2 etc

i tried using text to columns but it wants a specific number of columns for the split - i cannot specify this.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ValR82 ,

Find a really simple to use test below.

You can edit the value of columns in text to columns as you want. I put a cleasning data tool to delete useless fields after. 

I hope that answers the question you are asking.

If not, you can post a preview of the output you want.

Let us know if it works.

Cheers !

Emmanuel_G_0-1657538632887.png

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Thank - i amended this slightly but it worked! 

Labels