Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

many Rows per user to 1 row per user

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all

am after some help, i have a very large dataset where there may be many rows per user, column A and Column B will remain unchanged across that user information (many rows).

I need to put all the information in the rows into 1 row per user so A, B and then C, D for all the rows that exist for that user (column A).

Hope this makes sense. Please see example data input attached.

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@ValR82 Are you looking something like below?

binuacs_0-1657538196437.png

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ValR82 

You can group data by column A and Column B, and all other columns concatenate. 

vlad_kutateladze_1-1657538324383.png

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you both for such prompt replies, i have got this far, my issue is that i need each answer to be in a separate cell in the output but some users will have 4 cars and 3 houses and some only 1 car and no house.

I need each response to be in its own cell and need to be able to rename the cells so that they don't just say vehicle, vehicle  1, vehicle 2 etc

i tried using text to columns but it wants a specific number of columns for the split - i cannot specify this.

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ValR82 ,

Find a really simple to use test below.

You can edit the value of columns in text to columns as you want. I put a cleasning data tool to delete useless fields after. 

I hope that answers the question you are asking.

If not, you can post a preview of the output you want.

Let us know if it works.

Cheers !

Emmanuel_G_0-1657538632887.png

ValR82
6 - Meteoroid

Thank - i amended this slightly but it worked! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels