Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Process customer e-mails with unstructured data and type of requests

lourdes_urena
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

In our organization we have several groups that work attending to e-mails from customers.  However, the customer responses are unstructured and can vary on their type of requests: send an invoice, send a statement, send a proof of delivery, or a combination of the already mentioned.  I'm assuming we can use something like the Text Mining tools from the Intelligence Suite to try to prep the data for processing, but wondering if anybody is willing to share an example flow or talk through this use case with the content of email bodies as data source.  

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @lourdes_urena 

You may also check Alteryx Outlook connector. See below how it can capture the email's body

christine_assaad_0-1657317699552.png

You can read more about here: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/outlook-365-input-tool

Cheers!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@lourdes_urena what are you hoping to do once the type of email is identified? At the root it sounds like inbox rules looking for keywords can help classify the request. If you're looking to kick off some downstream process such as sending an invoice then its a different story

lourdes_urena
6 - Meteoroid

Downstream we are looking to complete the respective requests like you mentioned send invoice copies etc. 

lourdes_urena
6 - Meteoroid
Luke_C
17 - Castor

@lourdes_urena have you confirmed alteryx is able to access and send the invoices? Without knowing all the facts this sounds like more of an RPA use case that UI Path or Power Automate would be better suited for (in my opinion).

lourdes_urena
6 - Meteoroid

That's precisely the case @Luke_C , we will have an RPA receiving the input from Alteryx, but we are looking at different possibilities on how to give structure to the unstructured emails.  I'm open to suggestions if you have any and I'll be grateful.  You can direct message me as well.

Labels