Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

User Input Analytic App

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Which interface tool would I use to create by user inputting an account # and where would I put it like which tool? Any examples or videos?

I can do the drop down and text box tools, but that doesnt allow to enter an account #

thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

ooh ok, so its only to pull and retrieve that specific filer or account?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 yes, since you have all the account# the user just enter the account# in the text box and with the help of a filter tool all the records belongings to that account number can be extracted

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

so you cant do this to then run the workflow?

is there a tool that can user can select an account# then it would run it kinda like self service?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 yes, this can be done by chaining the workflow (Chaining analytic app), in the first workflow enter the user account# and run the second workflow. yu will get more idea on chaining workflow in the below post

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

No, I dont think thats what I need -I only want to be able to type in an account # and then it run the workflow for that account# only.

I get stuck on how to configure the action tool.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 I was talking about the same. When the user enters the account number he/she only should see the account details. This can be achieved with a filter tool where the action tool should update the account number. If that is what you want I can create a sample workflow for you

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

oh yes that would be awesome, plz! I would like to see how and the configuration of the action tool

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 Attaching a sample workflow, I used the customer id here

binuacs_0-1675977271479.png

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

But I cant do it a filter for the account ID bc there is TOO many account IDs -I want it to be where they insert their account ID and it runs the workflow that is attached to a excel report.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Hi2023 I thought one user will be having one account number. Can you upload a sample input file and expected output file for better understanding 

Labels