Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trying to complete Practice Exercise 3 from the learning path

mxledesma
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I used the Join tool to join the initial state and the order details.  I noticed that there is an order ID associated with each customer ID. So I joined them. The results came out to 15 customer IDS. The answer is 10 order IDS with each customer. I am NOT sure what to do from there.   Also, I am getting a parse error when I try to find the # of shipping date = order date - Shipping date. Also i do know that the discount is the  Total saved which I do not know how to add the column. This is my work which needs some corrections. 

If I cannot get the proper order #s. I cannot do the rest.  The data sets are attached. 

18 REPLIES 18
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @mxledesma , solution to practice exercise 3.You can refer this if you get stuck.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592386310191.png

Sapna Gupta
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@grazitti_sapna, this is a little bit frustrating...

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of posting the solution to someone who's trying to learn.

BKnow66474
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys

I have just been reviewing your commentary- and thank you

It is the nuances that seem to get you twisted

Your insights have been welcome! 

I will share my output today some time

thanks

Amyah
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I did all the calculation but why my Days to payment result didn't come out like the final answer after using summarize tool. can you please take a look at my workflow to see where I did wrong? Thanks.

benroberthayes
5 - Atom

I'm trying to learn, and this was super helpful. Thank you for posting

jingjing_li5
5 - Atom

jingjing_li5_0-1674263555074.png

Here is my work.

kajoljoshi
6 - Meteoroid

How did your discount change after joining ?

jingjing_li5
5 - Atom

Hi, please see below and let me know if you have any questions.🙂

jingjing_li5_0-1678308690007.png

crisguzmanbp
6 - Meteoroid

Attach my work and show equals the expected results.

Hope help you.

Labels