Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trying to complete Practice Exercise 3 from the learning path

mxledesma
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I used the Join tool to join the initial state and the order details.  I noticed that there is an order ID associated with each customer ID. So I joined them. The results came out to 15 customer IDS. The answer is 10 order IDS with each customer. I am NOT sure what to do from there.   Also, I am getting a parse error when I try to find the # of shipping date = order date - Shipping date. Also i do know that the discount is the  Total saved which I do not know how to add the column. This is my work which needs some corrections. 

If I cannot get the proper order #s. I cannot do the rest.  The data sets are attached. 

18 REPLIES 18
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @mxledesma , solution to practice exercise 3.You can refer this if you get stuck.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592386310191.png

Sapna Gupta
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@grazitti_sapna, this is a little bit frustrating...

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of posting the solution to someone who's trying to learn.

BKnow66474
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys

I have just been reviewing your commentary- and thank you

It is the nuances that seem to get you twisted

Your insights have been welcome! 

I will share my output today some time

thanks

Amyah
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I did all the calculation but why my Days to payment result didn't come out like the final answer after using summarize tool. can you please take a look at my workflow to see where I did wrong? Thanks.

benroberthayes
5 - Atom

I'm trying to learn, and this was super helpful. Thank you for posting

jingjing_li5
5 - Atom

jingjing_li5_0-1674263555074.png

Here is my work.

kajoljoshi
6 - Meteoroid

How did your discount change after joining ?

jingjing_li5
5 - Atom

Hi, please see below and let me know if you have any questions.🙂

jingjing_li5_0-1678308690007.png

crisguzmanbp
6 - Meteoroid

Attach my work and show equals the expected results.

Hope help you.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels