Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint Files Input tool error - Python Packages

AORay
5 - Atom

Hi!!

I was wondering if I could get a little help as my python "skills" leave a lot to be desired.

When using the "SharePoint Files Input" tool I am receiving the below error on the tool.

Error: SharePoint Files Input (4): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_plugin_proxy.py", line 123, in pi_init
self.update_sys_path()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_plugin_proxy.py", line 272, in update_sys_path
install_metadata = self.tool_config_loader.get_tool_install_metadata()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 71, in get_tool_install_metadata
tool_path, install_type = self._get_tool_path()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 81, in _get_tool_path
tools_path, install_type = self._get_tools_location()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 110, in _get_tools_location
raise RuntimeError("Tool is not located in Alteryx install locations.")
RuntimeError: Tool is not located in Alteryx install locations.

The tool does connect using the "Provide Client ID and Secret, and Tenant ID" , however once connected on the "Site" dropdown, it just shows "Loading..." and the circle spins endlessly.

AORay_0-1680627714715.png

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @AORay

Can you install the latest version of the SharePoint input tool? I just installed the latest one and it deployed v2.4.

leofrancia_0-1681056682669.png

AORay
5 - Atom

Thanks the info, I didn't know there was a new version.
So the new version gets me past all of those issues but now I have a new issue.

I can get connected, list all sites and documents/list, however when it comes to pulling the data I get ""Failed to Authenticate".

AORay_0-1681243390223.png

leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you confirm if you are using Designer Desktop (not Server) and that you are using Browser Sign-in as below? If yes, it may be due to you not having sufficient authorizations. 

leofrancia_0-1681279700328.png

AORay
5 - Atom

Due to security we have to sign in using the "App Sign In (Use Service principal)" 
Yes I am using Designer Desktop V2022.3.1.450 (not Server)
On SharePoint I have site Owner role, so I should have the permissions needed to read a file.

leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have a look at this article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-set-up-SharePoint-Si...

It says using Service Principal requires Sites.All permission. I have not used Service Principal before so we may need input from the community for this.

Labels