Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint Files Input tool error - Python Packages

AORay
5 - Atom

Hi!!

I was wondering if I could get a little help as my python "skills" leave a lot to be desired.

When using the "SharePoint Files Input" tool I am receiving the below error on the tool.

Error: SharePoint Files Input (4): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_plugin_proxy.py", line 123, in pi_init
self.update_sys_path()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\e1_plugin_proxy.py", line 272, in update_sys_path
install_metadata = self.tool_config_loader.get_tool_install_metadata()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 71, in get_tool_install_metadata
tool_path, install_type = self._get_tool_path()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 81, in _get_tool_path
tools_path, install_type = self._get_tools_location()
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SharePointFiles_v2.3_venv\Lib\site-packages\ayx_python_sdk\providers\e1_provider\tool_config_loader.py", line 110, in _get_tools_location
raise RuntimeError("Tool is not located in Alteryx install locations.")
RuntimeError: Tool is not located in Alteryx install locations.

The tool does connect using the "Provide Client ID and Secret, and Tenant ID" , however once connected on the "Site" dropdown, it just shows "Loading..." and the circle spins endlessly.

AORay_0-1680627714715.png

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @AORay

Can you install the latest version of the SharePoint input tool? I just installed the latest one and it deployed v2.4.

leofrancia_0-1681056682669.png

AORay
5 - Atom

Thanks the info, I didn't know there was a new version.
So the new version gets me past all of those issues but now I have a new issue.

I can get connected, list all sites and documents/list, however when it comes to pulling the data I get ""Failed to Authenticate".

AORay_0-1681243390223.png

leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you confirm if you are using Designer Desktop (not Server) and that you are using Browser Sign-in as below? If yes, it may be due to you not having sufficient authorizations. 

leofrancia_0-1681279700328.png

AORay
5 - Atom

Due to security we have to sign in using the "App Sign In (Use Service principal)" 
Yes I am using Designer Desktop V2022.3.1.450 (not Server)
On SharePoint I have site Owner role, so I should have the permissions needed to read a file.

leofrancia
Alteryx
Alteryx

Have a look at this article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-set-up-SharePoint-Si...

It says using Service Principal requires Sites.All permission. I have not used Service Principal before so we may need input from the community for this.

Labels