Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Runnig SQL queries from Excel spreadsheet

sancheh
5 - Atom

I have an Excel document containing 200-500 different SQL queries, with each row containing a query. I would like to create a workflow that reads and executes all of these queries against a Microsoft Access database table, then saves the query results in a separate Excel spreadsheet. Is this possible, and can someone help me with it?

2 REPLIES 2
shancmiralles
8 - Asteroid

if there are repetitive queries i suggest a macro to lessen the burden.. from how i see it.. breakdown data according to how they are going to be queried (?) then do a macro..  
try this link if it helps.. 
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Execute-a-large-list-of-querie...

hope i somehow shed some light on your inquiry!
@sancheh 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

look up batch macros on this community and learn how to use them. you can basically batch your queries and send them in via dyanmic input in-db or by changing your query statement in input data - and cutitng off this question - I have zero interest in providing you a workflow which does this because my databases are not your databases.

Labels