Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server - URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

shayward
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to publish to Tableau Server using the Publish to Tableau Server tool.

Alteryx Version: 2019.4

Publish to Tableau Server Tool Version: 2.1

Tableau Server Version: 2019.2.0

I am able to connect to the Tableau server in the configuration screen for the tool, choose a project and enter a name for the extract.

However, when I execute the tool I get this error message back:

Error: Publish to Tableau Server (4): TableauServer.UploadChunks (238): Iteration #1: Tool #11: Error transferring data: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

I've tried breaking out the macro a bit and the download section of the tool is establishing a connection with no issues, its the upload section of the macro that is failing.

Has anyone else managed to find a resolution to this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@shayward What does your tableau connector configuration look like? Can you try v2.0?

Are you sure you have v2.1? I am only seeing v2.0.0 on our gallery.

DiganP_0-1578418009786.png

Digan
Alteryx
shayward
7 - Meteor

So i just figured it out.

The user i had been provided did not have publishing rights in Tableau. Once we had fixed the permissions the error went away and we were able to publish successfully.

Labels