Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to .AIL2 File

TKrueger
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create an output file for our team's actuary models to use and the file needs to be in a .ail2 format. Does anyone know if this is possible within Alteryx and if so, could you provide some assistance on how to do that? I can use Alteryx to manipulate the data, create an excel document then use an AMG file and MG-ALFA software to create the file, but I was hoping I could skip that and create the .ail2 file straight from Alteryx. 

I currently use the .ail2 files as inputs in a lot of Alteryx flows and we input them as a CSV tab delimited file but I am not sure about outputting it as a .ail2 file. 

Snipit of .ail2 file we currently use opened in notepadd++

TKrueger_0-1680536009565.png

AIL2 file format we currently use

TKrueger_1-1680536053696.png

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

hi @TKrueger 

If it's truly just a tab delimited file then you should be able to configure the output tool similar to how you're input tool is. Seems to work for me. 

Luke_C_0-1680540003131.png

TKrueger
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @Luke_C. That worked! I think I had /t in as the delimiter instead of \t so it wasn't working properly, but it works now. Thanks!

Labels