Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to .AIL2 File

TKrueger
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to create an output file for our team's actuary models to use and the file needs to be in a .ail2 format. Does anyone know if this is possible within Alteryx and if so, could you provide some assistance on how to do that? I can use Alteryx to manipulate the data, create an excel document then use an AMG file and MG-ALFA software to create the file, but I was hoping I could skip that and create the .ail2 file straight from Alteryx. 

I currently use the .ail2 files as inputs in a lot of Alteryx flows and we input them as a CSV tab delimited file but I am not sure about outputting it as a .ail2 file. 

Snipit of .ail2 file we currently use opened in notepadd++

TKrueger_0-1680536009565.png

AIL2 file format we currently use

TKrueger_1-1680536053696.png

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

hi @TKrueger 

If it's truly just a tab delimited file then you should be able to configure the output tool similar to how you're input tool is. Seems to work for me. 

Luke_C_0-1680540003131.png

TKrueger
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @Luke_C. That worked! I think I had /t in as the delimiter instead of \t so it wasn't working properly, but it works now. Thanks!

Labels