Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output for Join Function

micou
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to output 3 tabs (un-joined left, un-joined right and joined records) in one excel sheet ? Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @micou ,

Attached is an example showing how to accomplish this.

Since it is possible to have a problem when trying to generate 3 sheets at the same time, I'm using a dynamic creation of sheets based on a column value.

LEt me know if this works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @micou 

You can also try an output tool after setting up the formula tool to name the sheets. I chose, at the bottom of the Output Data tool configuration, to append the field to the sheet name. You can also choose to replace the sheet name with the field. Just be sure to choose to "Overwrite sheet" if you intend to run the workflow more than once.

If Alteryx errors on the writing, drop a block until done tool before the topmost output data tool, and it should work. I found with this small data set, I didn't need one.

EstherB47_0-1583916421368.png

Let me know if this works.

Cheers! Esther

micou
7 - Meteor

thank you!!!

micou
7 - Meteor

Thank you!! it works!!

Labels