Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grid Search in Predictive Modelling/Grouping

mfgrillo
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if there's a tool that will allow me to loop through a range of possible model hyperparameters like a Grid Search function would do in Python? I essentially want a macro or tool that will test multiple combinations through a given range for each of the settings in the "Model customization" window when configuring a model tool.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mfgrillo ,

To accomplish that, one way is to use something called batch macro and the idea behind it is to program a workflow to run based in inputs.

To learn how to create a batch macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/td-p/52900

It is only an example, so the model doesn't work. But the idea is to show how to create a bunch of tests.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

mfgrillo
6 - Meteoroid

Hello! Apologies for the late response. This does seem to work for modifying one hyperparameter at a time for me, but does get quite cumbersome for multiple hyperparameters, is there something I'm missing?

Labels