Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outpout columns to different sheets of excel files

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Community, 

I want to get some help from you in getting an ouput from alteryx. 

So, actually I have a Scorecard file that has A - Z columns in which first 5 columns has data on which employees are judged and rest 21 columns have employee names on headers and the scores in below fields, which means that in Colum F, the scores of Enployee A is filled, in Colum G the scores of Employee B and so on.

What I want is an output in which I get all employees scores different sheets or files which includes just their data. However the first 5 Columns must be there for all output. I means first 5 columns then the Scores of tjat Employee. So in total their would be 21 sheets or files.

Please community, do your magic and help me get a solution.. 

Thanks in advance. 

15 REPLIES 15
avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Yoshiro,

I have attached a sample file in my reply section. please help me in this if u can.

Thanks for helping.

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi @jdminton 

I am able to create different workbooks now. All I need is to run a formula in all sheets at once. Can this be done with multi field formula. I am not sure because input file is running only 1 sheet at a time and if I use dynamic input. All data is getting collated to one.

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi @Yoshiro_Fujimori @hellyars @geraldo 

I am able to create different workbooks now. All I need is to run a formula in all sheets at once. Can this be done with multi field formula. I am not sure because input file is running only 1 sheet at a time and if I use dynamic input. All data is getting collated to one.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

@avisingh96 here is the workflow as well as the package. It wasn't clear if you still wanted the results in a separate workbook for each so I included an output that has the employees separate and an output that has them in the same workbook with different sheets for each. Please let me know if this works for you.

Edit: I've included the formula here as well. The key is to do the formula before exporting to Excel.

avisingh1996
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @jdminton 

Thanks a lot for this solution. This one helped and I guess my project will be completed soon. Thanks again

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Good to hear @avisingh1996  . Can you please mark the solution so others will know it was resolved?

Labels