Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outpout columns to different sheets of excel files

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Community, 

I want to get some help from you in getting an ouput from alteryx. 

So, actually I have a Scorecard file that has A - Z columns in which first 5 columns has data on which employees are judged and rest 21 columns have employee names on headers and the scores in below fields, which means that in Colum F, the scores of Enployee A is filled, in Colum G the scores of Employee B and so on.

What I want is an output in which I get all employees scores different sheets or files which includes just their data. However the first 5 Columns must be there for all output. I means first 5 columns then the Scores of tjat Employee. So in total their would be 21 sheets or files.

Please community, do your magic and help me get a solution.. 

Thanks in advance. 

15 REPLIES 15
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@avisingh96 

Have you tried using the Output Tool ...

and check the Take File / Table Name From Field option set to Append Suffix to File / Table Name  and set Field Containing File Name or Part of File Name to the desired Field (it sounds like name or employee id etc.)  -- see bottom half of image below

Screenshot 2023-06-10 164626.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@avisingh96 

if you send an example of the spreadsheet data it could help with your need

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @avisingh96 ,

With some assumptions, here is a potential solution.

I hope it helps.

Input Data

I assumed the input data would be something like this.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1686438176406.png

Workflow

Output Data tool above creates one Excel book with 21 sheets.

Reporting Tools below create 21 Excel books with some header information.

If you prefer this, you can activate the container.

( I could not figure out the way to make it to one book.

If any other community member knows the solution, please let me know.😉 )

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1686438151132.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1686438635783.png

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Thanks for replying.

I tried that way, but in that the sheets are getting named on the data in  1 particular column. But I want the sheets to be named on columns.

I tried to transpose it as well but it ain't happening the way I want. 

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Yoshiro,

Thanks for replying. 

Yes this is the exact way I want my output, though I guess all are in 1 execl files in different worksheets. 

I will be trying out this and let u know if it works for me. 

Really appreciated for the help. 

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Geraldo

I will try to do so.

Thanks 

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @avisingh96 ,

Your sample input data and expected output data would help us understand exactly what you mean.

Alteryx Community Resources: Posting for Fastest Possible Solution

jdminton
12 - Quasar

You can create separate workbooks using the attached method. The key is to naming the file and replacing the entire path in the output tool.

avisingh96
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, 

I have created a sample file in which first Sheet is the Sample Input files and rest all sheets are output which is created on the basis of Emp names.

Please help me in this.

I am able to create different sheets that contains scores of each employee and the first 4 columns of the Scorecard template (Thanks to Yoshiro). But I just want to know, how I can run a formula at once across al sheets so that a new column is added which will show the points the employee got if they achieve the target.

Labels