Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Looping through files in directory and saving them seperately

Aaraeus
7 - Meteor

I have a directory with a list of files, and I want to perform a slight rename (replace spaces with underscores) and save them in a different format.

Here's a snapshot of the workflow, and the data we have just after the select tool:

Aaraeus_0-1576082791578.png

Aaraeus_1-1576082839804.png

The fullpath appears correctly here, and I have a control parameter in my batch macro to read it in:

Aaraeus_2-1576082891977.png

I then assign a new filepath (as you can see) and I've made sure to take the new full_path variable at the end.

Aaraeus_3-1576083005570.png

But the issue seems to be that the control parameter isn't updating with record number 2 - it just runs record 1 twice. Any ideas why?

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Aaraeus 

There are some things you could double check 

- There's a sample tool in your workflow. How's that configured?

Also, how's your batch macro configuration window? Could you please take screenshots as well?

Cheers,

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Aaraeus ,

One thing that can be happening is the action tool not updating the input data tool properly.

For that, you have two options there:

1. Use the input data tool option in the drop-down

fmvizcaino_0-1576083417904.png

2. Use the update value, but in that case, you need to select as image below (it is common to forget to select)

fmvizcaino_1-1576083504571.png

Best,

Fernando V.

omar_velor
7 - Meteor

@fmvizcaino 
"(it is common to forget to select)"

It actually is common to forget! Have been struggling with a workflow for hours, and it was that selection what I was missing!

Cheers!!

Labels