Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In-DB Browse Tool In-DB Data Streamout stalls/errors out

Cpadilla98
Meteoroide

.When I am working with indb tools it is very quick to process, takes merely seconds/minutes; however, when I am data-streaming out of in-db or use the indb browse tool it takes a long time to process, such a long time that the program errors out/stalls due to how long it is running.

.I then tried even datastreaming out 1 record and it still takes a long time. I’ve tried using the browse tool for like 1-100 records and it still won’t finish processing. (I only have this in-db Browse tool active as I understand multiple browse tools may stall the workflow)

Again processing through all the other tools works fine but when it comes to those tools I face a lag. The error I got is attached when using In-db Browse tool...only trying to see/retrieve 1 record.

(The database 'Tempdb' has reached its size quota. Partition or delete data, drop indexes, or consult the documentation for possible resolutions)

13 RESPOSTAS 13
jdminton
Quasar

Browse in-DB is still an in-DB tool and that did not complete. If you will try my suggestion of enabling performance profiling, you will see the length of time each tool is taking. That may help you identify the problem.

Cpadilla98
Meteoroide

My main thing is that I want view data just to make sure it is processed correctly before connecting it to another 3rd party software.

Given that the those functions eat up a lot of memory (I use that function on 3 different occasions) I won't be able to view the data?

apathetichell
Altair

This should all be upstream in your DB - can you run this in a notebook/whatever Azure uses (Azure SQL Database query?) to see how long it takes? That will allow you to diagnose if it's a query/DB issue. If the query runs for an hour - it might just take an hour or two to run. This wouldn't be an Alteryx problem. It just is.

From how you are describing the problem and the error message received there could be a couple different issue causing this. My first thought is that this is an Azure database memory issue. See this link for more info: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-database-support-blog/lesson-learned-292-the-database-u...

The other thing that could be going on depends on what kind of database you are using from Microsoft. For example, if you are using "Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2019" database connection, then the there are size limitations for row size, column name length, etc. 

Rótulos