Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to generate xlsx output with colored rows based on value

amsrivastava
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys,

I have source where data is as below:

ColAColBColC

I want to generate an excel based output in which row where ColA=1 in the excel output then that row will be of RED color

I.e

* When ColA=1 --> Row in excel output will be RED

* When ColA=2 --> Row in excel output will be GREEN

* When ColA=3 --> Row in excel output will be YELLOW

I cannot set any property in the excel output sheet.

Please suggest

Thanks

AS

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That will be Row Rules in the  Table Tool (alteryx.com) followed by a Render to write to Excel! Here's a quick workflow demoing this:

amsrivastava
6 - Meteoroid

Hi alexnajm

Thats really helpful.

I think, this file will always create a New output file.

My requirement is :

I have a Excel template where I need to load the data which having multiple tabs, so instead of loading data into new page, I want to load the data in existing excel output file, also need to maintain the format of the existing output file as well wherein my dataset to be started from row 26 always.

On top of that, in one of the tab, i need to implement these color combination, please suggest

I need few more tweaks on the color combination.

1. I don't want ColA (which having identifier as 1, 2 or 3 values) will be part of final output.

2. Instead of complete row, I want only ColB will have color and rest of the tab will retain format of existing tab.

Please suggest!

Thanks

AS

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@amsrivastava outputting to an already formatted tab is a lot different than the original question, so I would suggest accepting the solution to the question originally asked and starting a new thread with the new question. That way, people can work on this with the parts you’ve implemented from this thread. You should also post the workflow with what you’ve already worked on so people have a starting point. 

to answer your questions though:

- no this will not create a new file each time. You can specify the output file location in the Render tool. 
- you should even be able to specify a range in that output too
- if you don’t want Col A as part of the final output, then deselect it in the Table tool

Labels