Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to create empty rows between tables in excel output

ChloeZhao0122
7 - Meteor

Hi,

i need to output 2 tables into one excel sheet(vertically) and between the 2 tables there should be some empty rows

Have tried to create another table with null values and join the 3 tables together. I am able to get empty rows in final output but the height of the empty rows is very narrow. I actually want to to be the same as the other 2 tables which have values

I use render tool to output into excel, btw

Have tried to adjust the height of table layout but it didn't help

Anyone has a suggestion? 

14 REPLIES 14
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ChloeZhao0122 
That is correct, since null will be filter out bu Alteryx.😣

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ChloeZhao0122 

You can set up the workflow to take in the assigned tables together before combining them all.

This way I set up the connections between the different tables into how they are supposed to be grouped by and then later on connected them all and was able to still insert a space between each table and be able to output to different files.

I added a screen shot of one of the outputs (both files look the same), and the workflow.

pedrodrfaria_0-1610107472215.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1610107646216.png

pedrodrfaria_0-1610107580905.png

Pedro.

ChloeZhao0122
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria thank you for your suggestion but it doesn't work for my case. I only have 2 inputs so i just need to join them once.. 

So what i did is: join the the 2 tables, then insert a space, and then use vertical layout and then render output.. but it doesn't produce the expected output i want

GideonM
6 - Meteoroid

Creative !! 

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

This is a good solution but what if you have multiple tables where you want a break in between each one?

Labels