Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to create empty rows between tables in excel output

ChloeZhao0122
7 - Meteor

Hi,

i need to output 2 tables into one excel sheet(vertically) and between the 2 tables there should be some empty rows

Have tried to create another table with null values and join the 3 tables together. I am able to get empty rows in final output but the height of the empty rows is very narrow. I actually want to to be the same as the other 2 tables which have values

I use render tool to output into excel, btw

Have tried to adjust the height of table layout but it didn't help

Anyone has a suggestion? 

14 REPLIES 14
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ChloeZhao0122 
That is correct, since null will be filter out bu Alteryx.😣

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ChloeZhao0122 

You can set up the workflow to take in the assigned tables together before combining them all.

This way I set up the connections between the different tables into how they are supposed to be grouped by and then later on connected them all and was able to still insert a space between each table and be able to output to different files.

I added a screen shot of one of the outputs (both files look the same), and the workflow.

pedrodrfaria_0-1610107472215.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1610107646216.png

pedrodrfaria_0-1610107580905.png

Pedro.

ChloeZhao0122
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria thank you for your suggestion but it doesn't work for my case. I only have 2 inputs so i just need to join them once.. 

So what i did is: join the the 2 tables, then insert a space, and then use vertical layout and then render output.. but it doesn't produce the expected output i want

GideonM
6 - Meteoroid

Creative !! 

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

This is a good solution but what if you have multiple tables where you want a break in between each one?

Labels