Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to identify blanks value

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Requesting you to please assist me in designing the flow to identify the blank value. Please see the details in the attached file.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 similar use case discussed in the below post, you can filter the NULL values instead of 0 in the filter tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/FILTERING-FOR-ZERO-VALUES/m-p/1101010#...

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs thank you for providing the test case. It correctly works for the blank value cases. however, I am also looking for those cases where any AMT column has value but one column or another column has 0 value. As per data standards, all the AMT columns should have value. so the test case you shared fulfilled the requirement where the column has blank, but I need to check for Zero as well. Please assist.

Thanks,

Mayank

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 If you want to exclude both NULL and 0 value records then add one more condition in the filter like below

Custom filter 

IsNull([Value])

OR

[Value] = 0

also in the output you want to combine all the records then use the union tool and connect the J- anchor and L- anchor records from the join tool, right now I’m away from my system that’s why I’m not creating a sample workflow for your use case.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Learner09 I have included the Null as well as 0's in the input file 

binuacs_0-1679609051872.png

Labels