Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter by future days

Facu
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I'm needing to create a workflow, and a part of it needs to filter a dates column, the results I need are from tomorrow (t+1), so I'm trying to use DateTimeToday until the following next 10 (t+10) working days, avoiding weekends, for sure. Just tried with several flows but couldn't make it.

If anyone gets it, will be appreciated.

Tks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Assuming your date fields are set as date data types, you could try to filter for tomorrow's date with something like [date field] = datetimeadd(datetimetoday(),1,"days"). I'm not sure I follow the +10 piece of this though, if you have any sample data that might help.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Facu 

Generate Rows should work.

Capture2.PNG

Facu
5 - Atom

Thanks for you reply! Sure, I might be more specific with a sample, pretending we have column A, I would need as an output of the filter the column B, it would be the following 10 days, always starting from tomorrow date, in this case March 17th, avoiding weekends.

Ejemplo.png

Facu
5 - Atom

Thanks @Qiu! It's almost what I need, but I need the filter to bring 29 and 30 as well, cause last working day counting 10 from tomorrow 17th, is March 30th. I would need to have them included as well. Any idea of what might be failing? Or maybe on my end?

Thank you again!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Facu

It's because the formula adds 10 days, then filters out the weekends so you will end up with less. If you update @Qiu 's formula to add 15 days (should be enough to cover all scenarios), then add a sample tool after the filter to select the first 10 records, you should get what you need!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Facu 
Modified a bit

Capture2A.PNG

Labels