Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File extraction that changes date using dynamic input

DC21
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I want to pick up this file from the same folder whenever I want by changing the date

As you can see from below it follows a syntax "FOR101 HKLGL EOD " & YYYY_MM_DD & %

How can I get the file from just choosing the date

File on 14/3/21

FOR101 HKLGL EOD 2021_03_14_014202

File on 16/3/21

FOR101 HKLGL EOD 2021_03_16_034155

File on 17/3/21

FOR101 HKLGL EOD 2021_03_17_034007

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I assume you want the current day's file to be processed? Do the previous day's files stay in the folder? I think there are a few options depending on how it's set-up:

1. If the schema is consistent you could use a directory tool + dynamic input, and filter the directory tool results to the latest file prior to going into the dynamic input.
  2. If there's flexibility to the folder you're working out of, you could have a run-command tool move the file to a 'processed' subfolder after the workflow completes, and just use an input tool with a *.xlsx wildcard to read whatever file is in the main folder for that day.  

Let me know if this is along the lines of what you're looking for. I'm sure others might have other options as well. 

Labels