Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool Error - Cannot Find File

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community!

I have this simple workflow where the formula tool specifies the file location in a shared folder. 

Screenshot 2023-12-26 142939.png

This workflow generates the output without any issues; however, the email tool throws an error: "The system cannot find the file specified". I am unsure what can cause this error if the output is generated.

I read other posts related to my issue and those solutions didn't work for me. My actual workflow is more complex, but the output still works but not the email tool :(

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do you have AMP Engine turned on? I’d try turning it off - it supersedes what the Block Until Done tool does on most occasions

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm I turned it off and I am still receiving the same error. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok then we’ll need more information - can you send your exported workflow by going to Options > Export Workflow? At the very least we’ll need screenshots of the email configuration and the output configuration to prove they are the same file

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

I made up some data and included the test workflow. I had to delete the to/from to exclude my email. I didn't change anything else on the workflow.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, you can't have the sheet name in the FileName for the email tool! I would use a function like Replace([FileName], "|||Master List", "")

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much, @alexnajm! You just saved me from going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong LOL 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Haha happy to help!

Labels