Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool Error - Cannot Find File

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community!

I have this simple workflow where the formula tool specifies the file location in a shared folder. 

Screenshot 2023-12-26 142939.png

This workflow generates the output without any issues; however, the email tool throws an error: "The system cannot find the file specified". I am unsure what can cause this error if the output is generated.

I read other posts related to my issue and those solutions didn't work for me. My actual workflow is more complex, but the output still works but not the email tool :(

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Do you have AMP Engine turned on? I’d try turning it off - it supersedes what the Block Until Done tool does on most occasions

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm I turned it off and I am still receiving the same error. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ok then we’ll need more information - can you send your exported workflow by going to Options > Export Workflow? At the very least we’ll need screenshots of the email configuration and the output configuration to prove they are the same file

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

I made up some data and included the test workflow. I had to delete the to/from to exclude my email. I didn't change anything else on the workflow.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, you can't have the sheet name in the FileName for the email tool! I would use a function like Replace([FileName], "|||Master List", "")

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much, @alexnajm! You just saved me from going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong LOL 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Haha happy to help!

Labels