Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic removal of columns contain keywords/ strings

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

With GDPR and overall personal info awareness, I'm trying to create a workflow to help combat this issue and remove all the personal info columns from people's excel reports.

The problem I have now is that people may have different ways of spelling across departments, some either with "_" or no space, or even just because different language in different regions so it's impossible for me to maintain a full variation of the name list. 

As the screenshot my current workflow can only successfully delete "Name" column but not "FirstName" or "Last_Name":

Removal 1.pngRemoval 2.png

Anyone may help and advise how to make the workflow to scan my "keywords" list and identify the columns that contains those keywords and remove them completely -- the workflow needs to deal with case sensitive of the keywords, or parts in the string (such as that Last_Name of MailingAddress.

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @goutdelete 

adding a field info + regex, here is a way to do this:

Screenshot 2023-08-01 113342.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@goutdelete , I would approach it like this, using the DecomposeUnicodeForMatch and Contains functions:

Screenshot 2023-08-01 153954.png

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much to both!

@FinnCharlton This is amazing!  Never knew "DecomposeUnicodeForMatch".  So happy to learn something new!!

Labels