Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic removal of columns contain keywords/ strings

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

With GDPR and overall personal info awareness, I'm trying to create a workflow to help combat this issue and remove all the personal info columns from people's excel reports.

The problem I have now is that people may have different ways of spelling across departments, some either with "_" or no space, or even just because different language in different regions so it's impossible for me to maintain a full variation of the name list. 

As the screenshot my current workflow can only successfully delete "Name" column but not "FirstName" or "Last_Name":

Removal 1.pngRemoval 2.png

Anyone may help and advise how to make the workflow to scan my "keywords" list and identify the columns that contains those keywords and remove them completely -- the workflow needs to deal with case sensitive of the keywords, or parts in the string (such as that Last_Name of MailingAddress.

Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @goutdelete 

adding a field info + regex, here is a way to do this:

Screenshot 2023-08-01 113342.png

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@goutdelete , I would approach it like this, using the DecomposeUnicodeForMatch and Contains functions:

Screenshot 2023-08-01 153954.png

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much to both!

@FinnCharlton This is amazing!  Never knew "DecomposeUnicodeForMatch".  So happy to learn something new!!

Labels