Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Choose Path Tool

EtherealNoise
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to figure out how to send my entire data through 2 different paths. If there are Errors then it should output to a specific exception folder and send out an email but if there are no Errors then it should just output to a specific output folder. However, I do not see a tool that will allow me to do that.

I'll attach a screenshot that shows roughly what I'm talking about as a flow.

The filter tool does not do what I want as it splits the data and I only want it to choose a path not touch the data.

Does a tool exist that will solve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @EtherealNoise 

You can combine your filter with an append tool.

Case 1; When the result of the filter is True, the append tool will let just the above data go ahead.

save1.png

Case 2; When the result of the filter is False, the append tool will let just the bellow data go ahead.

save2.png

Another possibility is to use the control container if you already have the latest alteryx version installed:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Control-Containers-Take-Control-of-Your-Workflow/ba-p/...

EtherealNoise
6 - Meteoroid

I'm not sure how that would solve the issue I'm having. So the filter tool is only there because it's the only tool I could find with a true and false output. The filter tool will put the true rows through and the false rows through at the same time. 

What I want is the entire document coming in to either go through the true path or the false path. So the filter output but not the functionality of the filter. Just the conditional expression to choose which path to take the entire document through. 

I'm not super familiar with Alteryx. I am an RPA Developer so this is something that is super easy to do in an RPA tool but the validation of the data is more difficult so we are using Alteryx to validate the data and then pass it to the RPA tool. So I need the whole document to either pass validation or fail validation not some rows pass and some rows fail.

Labels