Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Rename - Change Headers to Dates

benmillea
8 - Asteroid

I am using a crosstab tool which sums up volumes by dates. The field headers are coming out as "Sum_YYYY_MM_DD" but I would like them to come out as "DD/MM/YYYY". 

I know that I can remove the prefix of "Sum_" by using the dynamic rename tool but does anyone know how I can reorder the date and replace the underscores with forward slashes?

This is how my data currently looks:

Screenshot 2023-09-22 101654.png

3 REPLIES 3
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

You can use the Formula Tool to format the dates into "DD/MM/YYYY" before you Cross-Tab them. In this way, your Dynamic Rename Tool only needs to remove the "Sum_" prefix.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @benmillea.

You should first remove the "Sum_" before the Crosstab Tool. You can do this in a Formula Tool using the Replace() function. This will take care of sorting the dates.

Then use the Dynamic Rename Tool (set to formula) with expression,

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeParse([_CurrentField_], '%Y_%m_%d'), '%d/%m/%Y')
benmillea
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this. It's the crosstab tool that is creating the "Sum_" prefix so I can't remove it before. I've used 2 x dynamic rename tools: the first removes the prefix; and the second one uses the expression that you have provided - this gives me just what I need, so many thanks for your help.

Labels